Re: Finding and Reminding, tech issues, 3.0 and beyond

>   The other approach is when expiring or archiving to move files
>   from ~/Desktop to an archival location like ~/Documents.

How does moving it work with non aware applications or a shared file
space ? You risk opening a file having it moved, saving it and ending up
with a copy in documents and one stale  which could lead to nasty user
errors. Seems safe to just filter the view (after all large directory
enumeration ought to be fast these days ?)

As a completely off the wall comment related to this - the fact I can't
drag documents into my calendar annoys me, because that's effectively how
some people organise some things in the paper world. I guess that backs
up your model but it does mean I expect to see my desktop bits from a
date in with my calendar.

Is stuff migrating to a filing cabinet by date ("This wek, last week,
march, ...) a metaphor for the desktop - > time stuff ?

Also I guess this lets you fix the bin so you can delete last weeks
documents rather than just "empty trash". It's mildly amusing that you
still seem to have to use "find" incantations to make the bin work well 8)

Alan