Re: Is this a bug?

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Peter Cooper
<pcooper gaitor demon co uk> wrote:
> There has been an update to Gnome-shell which allows you to remove evolution
> and OpenOffice from the favourites menu. Other tasks can be added by right
> clicking. I added four tasks, but when I added the fifth (thunderbird) it
> disappeared. It is active and is showing an active window on the desktop,
> but is not appearing in the overlay!

Hi,

What this means most likely that GNOME Shell hasn't been able to
"application-track" Thunderbird on your system.  See:

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/ApplicationBased

Search for "Inspecting your program's WM_CLASS PROPERTY" on that page.
 Can you tell me the output of

$ sleep 5; xprop | grep WM_CLASS
$ ls -al /usr/share/applications/*thunderbird*