Interface Changes

Hi,

I think that the gnome shell idea is revolutionary and can be very
useful. I propose only a few changes in some options that can improve
the interface and eliminate the excessive use of activities menu with
the expo function.

I think is awful enter to the expo mode each time that you want to use
an application or change between open apps and files, so the
improvements are focused in this aspect.

1. Put a search box next to the activities button in top menubar. It is
unnecessary enter to the expo mode only if you want to use the search
box.The results can be show in a transparent side bar that can appear
with some animation in the desktop.

2. Create an icon-based windows list compatible with the scale windows
feature. This windows list can be placed next to the activities-search
box menu in top menubar and it can show the open apps in each desktop

Clicking an icon of the active windows starts the scale feature. If you
hold the mouse botton while navigate the icons, the windows appear
focused or illuminated. When you realease the icon the scale feature
stops and the selected window appears on top of all.

You can see images created with gimp of these ideas here:
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=116155