Re: LookingGlass: a poor terminal implementation?

n@ wrote:
At this stage for instance, I don't understand the reason the LookingGlass console doesn't just use an instance of gnome-terminal, that being a much nicer interface to work with IMHO (eg. better wrapping/scrolling support, copy-pasta, etc. - LookingGlass looks like a garage computer game's console to me).

Well, it is closer in the idea to a computer's game console than to an actual terminal, as its goal is to allow gnome-shell developpers to access gnome-shell internals and debug it easily. It is not a general purpose terminal as gnome-shell is. It is merely a javascript interpreter.

If you want a gnome-shell equivalent, you should have a look at gnome-shell or any other third-party terminal implementation, but certainly not at lookingglass.