Re: Request for comment (GNOME Shell team): release date for GNOME 3.0

Thanks for the summary, really helpful.

As for time considerations, I would suggest going with Owen's suggestion. A long beta cycle would be a good for everyone, allowing for user feedback and making the required improvements before any RC releases.

Better to come out with a polished product that meets all the Release 1 criteria than to rush something which gives a bad impression which is later very hard to change.

John