Re: Hamster crashes mutter

Kirill Radzikhovskyy wrote:
> When i try to enter new activity in hamster it crashes and takes down
> mutter,
>
> Bug in window manager: Set a type atom for 0x20000a4 (Hamster) that
> wasn't handled in recalc_window_type

To be precise, Mutter does not crash, it aborts. I probably happens
because a window type that Mutter expects to be used only for
override-redirect windows is being set for a normal window; this is
indeed a bug, as the EWMH only says that those properties are
*typically* used for OR windows. Fixing this will need care to ensure we
do not break handling of OR windows elsewhere in the codebase.

Could you please file a bug in the bugzilla ?

(The meta_bug() macro probably should not call abort() in production
builds, but that's a separate issue).

Tomas