Re: Building Gnome-shell: No module named annotationparser

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Ivan Stetsenko <stetzen rambler ru> wrote:

Are you building it on ubuntu jaunty (well, it may affect other modern
distributions as well)? In my case I've found that there is a number of
packages related to gobject-introspection were installed (I'm not sure if
I'm remembering them correctly, but I think it were libgirepository0 and
gobject-introspection). After I've removed them, everything was fine. It
looks like the build script checks the system path for these libraries
first, and if they are installed system wide, it tries to use them, even if
the version is too old.

Hi,
Yes, I am trying to build it on Ubuntu Jaunty but I don't have
gobject-introspection or libgirepository0 installed, so there is
probably something else here causing the problem.
Its puzzling, annotationparser.py is in
/home/jaybee/gnome-shell/install/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/giscanner
but I still get the error.
I tried deleting gnome-shell folder and rebuilding but without success.
Any advice?