Re: Mockup of overlay layout changes

On Sun, 2009-02-22 at 04:14 +0100, Sander Dijkhuis wrote:
> I made a small mockup of a different overlay layout:
> http://student.science.uva.nl/~sqdh/gs-mockup/
> It is mostly a change of positioning, and a different way of switching between
> the different overlay views.  Of couse only code can tell whether this works
> better than the current design, but I thought it would be fun and maybe even
> useful to create this mockup first.

Personally, I love these mockups.  I particularly like the idea of the
whole screen shifting to the left (the "camera" moving to the right)
when you select an application category.  However, if we do this, I
think we need to make sure the cursor goes with the screen, so that the
user doesn't have to go to the far right, click a category, then move
left.

-Larry
<larry yrral net>