Re: File Manager

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:01 PM, Steven Stern
<subscribed-lists sterndata com> wrote:
> With no apps visible, the top bar shows "File Manager" next to
> Activities.  Is that referring to the shell itself?  If so, it adds
> nothing.  It also doesn't appear under "Activities".

It is currently referring to Nautilus the file manager which is
responsible for showing the desktop background and files.  There is a
tension or conflict between the role nautilus fills in the GNOME 2
experience and the one the Shell fills in the GNOME 3 experience.
Alex Larsson has already started a good thread on this topic so I
won't dwell on the details here.  But we expect is all to work
beautifully together.

Thanks,
Jon