Re: Nautilus vs gnome-shell and the future

On 12/04/2009 02:30 PM, Brent Foor wrote:
> As far as a messy desktop goes I'm in the same boat. In fact that is one
> of the reasons i love the stack idea. the papers on my desktop ain't
> evenly spaced out in a grid i pile related things together. basically
> I'm mentally tagging them. I love the idea of being able to lasso a
> group of files and have them stack on my desktop i could then tag making
> it basicly a sexy looking folder. If i want to see the files in the
> stack i click on them and the rest of the desktop darkens and my files
> explode out to a grid. i can also search for the tag in the overlay.
>
> ...at least thats how i imagine the stack idea.
>
> Foor

Just because people misuse desktops, please don't take away my ability
to pile cr*p on it from time to time. Just as at home and and the
office, when it gets too messy, I'll clean it up. Or I won't.  But
whether I do should not be a factor in the design.

Having said that, I like your stack idea.