Re: Nautilus vs gnome-shell and the future

> This is a slight change in focus for nautilus, as its now to a larger
> degree used when the user wants to do more complex file
> operations. I think with this we can feel more confident that
> for instance the split-view branch would fit better into
> nautilus. Another thing is that we have more screen space now by
> default, which I'd like to use to do a more expressive UI.

Speaking of UI changes, it would be great to see Cosimo's toolbar editor
branch [1], or something similar, make it into the default install. This
would hopefully allow uses of nautilus like [2].

John

[1] http://github.com/cosimoc/nautilus/tree/toolbareditor
[2] http://davidsiegel.org/nautilus-simplified/