Application browsing design

Hi all,

We have recently implemented displaying applications by category in addition to the flat-list applications display we originally had. The "most used" application tracking implemented by Milan is also going to land soon. This all poses a question of how the application browsing should look in the GNOME Shell.

I've created a page that reviews application browsing scenarios, details a plan for application browsing that is just an iteration of what we already have implemented, lists other possible design ideas, and calls for design contributions. Please look at the page and follow up with any ideas or mockups on the list and by adding them to the page.

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/DesignerPlayground/ApplicationBrowsing

Thanks,
Marina