Re: Breadcrumbs in the panel

What if each breadcrumb item became a menu when clicked, so that you could browse between similar items on the same hierarchy?

Forgive the Ascii art:

The item with the box around it is meant to be the clicked breadcrumb button.  When the workspace/activity button is clicked, the other available workspaces/activities descend in menu form and can be selected. The same would be true with the window button.

 ------------
| Workspace 1| > MyPicture.jpg (EOG)
 ------------
  Workspace 2
  Workspace 3
  Workspace 4

Or,
                 -------------------
 Workspace 1 > | MyPicture.jpg (EOG)|
                 -------------------
                 SunPicture.jpg (EOG)
                 SunPicture2.jpg (EOG)
                 RainPicture.jpg (Gimp)
                 CloudPicture.jpg (EOG)
                 DescribeMyPictures.doc (Abiword)
                 www.coolpictures.com (Epiphany)

This method would provide a way for the user to see which workspace is currently being viewed and which window (with associated application) currently has focus.  This method would also provide an alternative way to move between workspaces and windows.  An advantage of this design over a taskbar is that this design would not use much horizontal space on the since panel or force the user to take up valuable screen real estate with two panels.  The downside is that to change windows, the user would have to make a minimum of 2 clicks, rather than 1 click common on a task bar, to focus on a new open window.

It would be nice for the breadcrumb buttons to have right-click menu items associated with it like new, rename, copy, delete, etc.

Anyway, my $0.02.

~~~~~~~~~
dissertus scribendo latine videri volo.