[gnome-shell-ext] Window Controls Extension

Good Morning List,

I am wondering if it is feasible to put buttons on the title bar of all open windows of a gnome-shell session.

Specifically, I have found the window menu button can be added using the button-layout dconf setting with a value like “menu:minimize,maximize,close”.

My questions are twofold:

1)      Is it possible to change the behavior of the window menu (with an extension) so that a double click on said menu button closes the window?  This behavior would make gnome-shell  consistent with xfwm4, mwm, and believe it or not, MS Windows.

2)      Is it possible to create and add a totally new menu to all titlebars using an extension?

I was thinking I could use the close-on-swipe extension as a possible starting point for this new behavior.

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1382/close-on-swipe/

The looking glass does not seem to give me the resource name of the menu button so I don’t know how I would find such a thing.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Kevin