[gnome-shell-ext] The Gnome Ubuntu Extension

The Gnome Ubuntu Extension, by Xaba Om
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2389283&p=13756647#post13756647

Hi buddies. I have a Dream!

I don't know if someone already proposed a "Gnome Ubuntu" extension to offer an Ubuntu Unity experience in Gnome. If Canonical doesn't want to continue developing the Unity, they could maintain an official "Gnome Ubuntu" extension to offer the Unity experience in Gnome and take care the "Unity orphans". If Canonical doesn't want to do it, doesn't matter, we can do it. If they like this idea, great, please, help us.

So, my proposal is combine the extensions bellow in an unique "Gnome Ubuntu" extension to have a Ubuntu Unity experience in Gnome:

• Ubuntu appindicators (Ubuntu 18.04 native)

• Ubuntu dock (Ubuntu 18.04 native)

• Gnome global application menu
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1250/gnome-global-application-menu/
https://github.com/lestcape/Gnome-Global-AppMenu
https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/04/global-menu-for-gnome-extension-development

• Hide Activities Button (we have two options)
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/744/hide-activities-button/
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1128/hide-activities-button/

I am using the extensions and they are working very well in Ubuntu 18.04, with the exception of "Hide Activities Button" extension that is not working (well, here is not working).

My suggestions are also:

[S1] Creating an option to hide the title bar of the windows and put the buttons in the top left corner of the top bar, like the Unity experience. While there is not a solution to solve it, I am also using the extension:

• Hide Top Bar
https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/545/hide-top-bar/
https://github.com/mlutfy/hidetopbar

[S2] Creating an option to change the "Show Application" side of the dock with the options "Top" or "Down".

Going beyond, I would like suggesting to the Gnome Community:

[G1] Including the functionalities of the unity-gtk-module packages in the GTK native functions. Why not? This would improve the GTK functionalities. Let's propose it to the GTK community and check their opinion.

[G2] Combining and integrate the "Settings" and "Tweaks" gnome applications in just one application. Please, let's integrate, simplify and eliminate redundancies.

I believe when can flow using, combining and integrating the resources that are already available to co-create more optimized and fancy / beautiful solutions to attending our preferences.

I don't have big programming skills and I don't have a lot free time to kick off it. So, if you feel the call, please, I need your help to make this Dream true.

Constructive, enthusiastic and appreciative ideas, comments, suggestions to make this Dream true are welcome.

Hugs and Cheers.

Xaba