Re: how do i

2009/2/19 Charles Dillard <charlesdillard hotmail com>:
> How do I download Gnome 2.24 for my Fedora 10? BTW, it's NOT at
> http://torrent.gnome.org/

According to a VERY quick look around on the fedora website, I see
"4.1.5. GNOME
This release features GNOME 2.24." at
http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f10/en_US/What_is_the_Latest_on_the_Desktop.html#sn-GNOME

This sure looks like it can't be any easier to me, since it's already
included in Fedora 10.  At worst, you should be able to go to the
software manager, or whatever it's called now, and install Gnome 2.24.

> Boy, you guys don't make it easy!
>
> BTW, your documentation at
>
> http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/2.24/
>
> specifically
>
> "...The LiveCD can be downloaded from the GNOME BitTorrent site...."
>
> is wrong.

That is a bit misleading.  I can't remember what used to be there, but
there ARE live images there that can be used, even if not a CD image
specifically.  Hope that helps,
     Greg

P.S. Please don't cc me on replies, I can get them via the list.
P.P.S. You'll probably find that you get more help if you're more
careful about the tone of your message.