Scsi drivers for AIC-7899

Hi I have an IBM Netfinity 5100, and I have tried to
install Redhat 7.3 and Redhat 9, i keep getting error
that indicate the install does not see the hard drive,
The scsi is an AIC-7899 ultra 160 on board scsi bios
2.55, I have tried IBMs drivers and have tried the
default drivers for redhat and both give the same
error " The partition table on device SDA was
unreadable. To create new partitions it must be
initialized" I tell it to go ahead and get new error
"Input/output error during read on /DEV/SDA and it
stops installing. Same with Automatic partitioning and
disk druid.
Can some one give any insight or drivers I need?

Any help is much apreciated.