How to get back to Gnome theme

Hi folks,

Fedora Core 2
(upgrade from RH 8.0)

After upgrade, on login Gnome desktop, following
warning popup

Migrate old desktop
A link called "Link to Old Desktop" has been created
on the desktop
The location of the desktop directory has changed in
Gnome 2.4. You can open the link and move over the
files you want, then deleted the link.

The theme of Gnome 2.6 desktop looks similar to that
of KDE desktop.  I want to go back to Gnome theme.

>From ~/ I found ~/.kderc but could not locate
~/.gnomerc, only ~/.gnome* folders found.  I renamed
all of them to ~/.gnome*.old and rebooted the PC
without improvement obtained.

Please advise how to get ~/.gnomerc back.  Is it the
cause of the absence of Gnome theme?

TIA

B.R.
satimis