Re: please--gnome daemon

Hey,
	I didn't write back because I didn't think I could really tell you
anything useful, but hey here it goes.

	I ran into the exact same problem that you are having when I
upgraded my RH 9 machine to Fedora Core 1.  Actually, I still randomly get
the error occationally.  I posted a bug report to bugzilla, but as far as
I can tell all that ever happened with it is lots of people posting "Yeah,
that happened to me too" to it.

	I don't really know how to "fix" the problem, but I can tell you
how to remove it.  I deleted my .gnome2, .gnome2_private and probably my
.gnome_dekstop directories in my home dir.  The gnome settings daemon
doesn't seem to give out any useful error messages other than it's loading
too much.

	These .gnome* files are generated by GNOME the first time you log
in.  If they are missing GNOME is smart enough to generate the default
ones in their place.  Be aware though, by doing this you'll loose your
current desktop setup.  If you have lots of fancy panels, home made
launchers etc, you are going to loose them.  Its not that you can't
re-make them, it's just that you'll have to spend some time doing it.

	Like I said, this isn't a "fix" in the true sense of the word, but
it will get you back to something that works.  I've had this same thing
happen to me twice.  Both times I had to wipe everything and start over.
Beyond that, I don't know what to say.