cannot set mod on gnome2-private

Hello. I'm very soory for OT but I didn't find a list for me, perhaps
you can guide me to the right place to ask this question?

I'm running Turbo Linux 10 (only because this is the most Windows-lized
Linux with "my computer, floppy disk, network neibor" etc all around. I
love Redhat, but this computer is shared, my friends feel afraid without
Windows.) My friends use KDE on it, and I use gnome. This computer also
have Windows on a partition.

Gnome is called by xdm (using a ~/.xsession file with only
"gnome-session" command in it). It is okay to login to gnome as root. I
have a fat32 partition on hda to exchange files with Windows, This time
I'm silly: I mounted the fat32 partition as /home so I can pick up my
files from Windows easily, thus all /home/* files belongs to root:root
with 777 mode.

If I login as myself (~ = /home/weiwu), gnome told me "cannot setmod
0700 on gnome2-private/" and quite. Because this computer won't have
multi-logins, I think I should tell gnome try not to setmod on this
fat32 folder.

What should I do now? Thank you.