GDM Greeter issue

Hi,

Could anyone please help me out with the following issue:

in GDM Greeter, if the user login is incorrect a message saying "The
username or password you entered is incorrect. Letters must be typed in
the correct case. Please be sure the caps-lock key is not selected."
pops up.

I would like to change it to something shorter like "Incorrect username
or password". Is that possible and if yes, could anyone tell me how to
do it. I assume it involves getting the source code for GDM and changing
things there.

Thanks in advance,
Roman.