RedHat 9, Gnome, XDMCP and the Alt Gr key on a Swedish keyboard

I've installed RedHat 9 on my server and now when I connect to the server
through XDMCP with X-Win32 I can't use the Alt Gr (right Alt) key in Gnome
applications like gnome-terminal & gedit. I'm using a Swedish keyboard and
everything work perfectly locally on the server. It also works fine in
applications like Mozilla, xterm & xclipboard. Since the Alt Gr key works in
applications like Mozilla & xterm and it also works against a RedHat 8
server I don't think that X-Win32 is the source of the problem. I've tried
to figure out if there some special Gnome configuration for the keyboard but
so far I haven't been able to figure out what that might be. The Alt Gr key
on a Swedish keyboard is used to get @, £, $, {, [, ], }, \ , ~  and | so it
is really annoying if it isn't working. Does anyone have a clue what the
cause of this strange behavior in RedHat 9 might be?

/Pontus