-----Original Message-----
From: gnome-redhat-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:gnome-redhat-list-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of James Richard
Sent: terça-feira, 24 de Junho de 2003 13:52
To: gnome-redhat-list gnome org
Subject: fonts .....

I've got my new Redhat 8 box up and running with Gnome
2. Problem is, I hate the way the fonts look on my
LCD. They're too thick/heavy.

How can I make all my fonts "thinner"

I tried turning of anti-aliasing, that just made the
fonts look jagged.

Tried GDK_USE_XFT = 0, that gave me all the old fonts,
as they used to look in Gnome 1.4, but with a very
noticible performance hit.

There's got to be some setting that controls the
weight of all fonts, something in fonts.conf ??

Any ideas anyone ?

thanks