RE: How to change a default WM for Gnome in RH 9.0?

Oh, no :)
There's a "session" thingy in a preferences applet. Go to current
session and find "Metacity". Change it's status to normal (or so)
instead of reload. Apply. Now executing "killall metacity" won't respawn
it again and executing "sawfish" will do the trick :). That works for
current session but with all said and "save" button in session applet it
should be pretty straightforward  how to make thing permanent :)

Cheers,

--
Srdacan pozdrav / Best regards
Dalibor Petricevic

"A computer program does what you tell it to do,
 not what you want it to do."