Re: gnome crash error 2430 on my G-4 notebook

tor 2003-01-23 klockan 07.47 skrev danfoste juno com:
> I'm having trouble,
>                                 setting gnorpm preferences. The window
> won't open. I recieve an error message 2430 -a segmentation fault. I
> tried rebooting then using xterm window "su" and then my root password to
> get around it unsuccessfully.
>                                 My objective is to upgrade my redhat 6.1
> packages (KDEworkstation install) from a SuSE Linux 8.1 cdrom

You're trying to upgrade your Red Hat packages with SuSE packages? You
must be very brave (hint: use only packages designed for your
distribution).

>                                              or,
> getting the SuSE 8.1 to recognise my keyboard. Booting installation stops
> after braile. Safe, manual, and text installations stop at this same
> process. I'm prompted to type "yast2" or some "ybase" options. I don't
> know what field in which to type. Type where? The cdrom's installation
> window's text field doesn't work.
>
> Has anyone had the same problem(s) using a Mac G-4 notebook with virtual
> pc?

This is the gnome-redhat-list, a list for discussion about GNOME in the
Red Hat Linux distribution. Questions about KDE, SuSE or Mac G4
notebooks probably couldn't be more off-topic than on this list... ;-)
You probably want to ask those questions on a SuSE mailing list instead.

Christian