gnome crash error 2430 on my G-4 notebook

I'm having trouble,
                                setting gnorpm preferences. The window
won't open. I recieve an error message 2430 -a segmentation fault. I
tried rebooting then using xterm window "su" and then my root password to
get around it unsuccessfully.

                                My objective is to upgrade my redhat 6.1
packages (KDEworkstation install) from a SuSE Linux 8.1 cdrom

                                                          or,
getting the SuSE 8.1 to recognise my keyboard. Booting installation stops
after braile. Safe, manual, and text installations stop at this same
process. I'm prompted to type "yast2" or some "ybase" options. I don't
know what field in which to type. Type where? The cdrom's installation
window's text field doesn't work.

Has anyone had the same problem(s) using a Mac G-4 notebook with virtual
pc?

on the road to leaving mswindows for good...

Mr. Daniel Foster
(songwrite)