Re: Gnome 2.2 rpms

On Sat, 2003-02-22 at 09:01, David T Hollis wrote:
> Maynard Kuona wrote:
>
> >Does anyone if these are available anywhere besides Rawhide. Is it
> >usually easy to upgrade from beta's to the finals so that I can uses
> >Gnome 2.2. I am dying here for it but do not want to compile from source

> Rawhide will be your best bet if you want everything to work well.  You
> don't have to compile them from source and you shouldn't have too much
> trouble with crazy interdependencies.  The only ones I can think of
> would be X which will probably require the newer glibc.  If you don't
> want to touch X or glibc, you'll probably need to recompile at least
> some of the components.  The Rawhide RPMS work great BTW.

So you reckon if someone got the RPM's for the complete Gnome2.2 for RH
8.0, they'd work with RH 7.3 without too much of a problem? I know that
not much really changed between RH 7.3 and RH 8.0 with the exception of
a few deps here and there...I've been struggling enough lately trying to
get my Gnome back to snuff - and if that's an easier option, then I'll
walk that road...

--
Stephen Kuhn <stephen kuhn gmx net>
Kuhn Media Australia