Re: Problem with drag-n-drop files to floppy using Nautilus

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 20:10, Jeffrey Silverman wrote:
> I hate floppies, really, I do. But sometimes my wife needs to use 'em...
>
> I am using RHL9. Upon dragging-n-dropping files to a properly mounted
> floppy from home directoy (or any directory) I get the error "Invalid
> Parameters while copying -- Skip Cancel Retry"
>
> 1) Has anyone else seen this? Have you fixed it?
> 2) I *know* that (a)the floppy is mounted properly and (b) the floppy is
> writeable by the account that is doing the drag-n-drop because the CLI
> command "cp" works fine.
>
> Please help!! I *don't* want to install Windows on this computer!!!!!
>
> Since the "cp" command works, I am thinking that this is a Nautilus
> issue, and since Nautilus is part of Gnome I was hoping to find a
> solution within the Gnome-mailing lists.

Was there a symlink in the files you copied?

Anyway, i believe this has been fixed in later versions of gnome-vfs2.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's an unconventional Jewish Green Beret possessed of the uncanny powers of
an insect. She's a high-kicking thirtysomething lawyer who hides her beauty
behind a pair of thick-framed spectacles. They fight crime!