Gnome Terminal and alternative keyboard layouts

Hi all,

I am reposting this from the XFree86 list where I didn't get any
mailing list please do correct me.

I have the following problem with my RedHat 9 setup. I tried and
successfully added a phonetic bulgarian layout to the default german
one. Here is the snip from the XF86Config:

Option "XkbLayout" "de,bg"
Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys,phonetic"
Option "XKbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle"

This works with no problems in all Applications except for the Gnome
Terminal, where, independent of the current layout, typing the letter F
brings down the file menu, H the help mennu and so on, as if the Alt key
was simultaniously pressed.

What could be wrong and what is to be done to remedy the situation?

Also is it possible to set up the scrolllock LED to be lit up when the
bulgarian layout is set? How?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Nickolay Kolev