INITIATING PPP CONNECTION..

I'm having a hard time initiating a PPP (dial-up) connection using Gnome's rp3....

but when i used Internet Dialer from the KDE menus... (i'm still with the GNOME desktop), i made the connection in a snap....

is rp3 any different  from Internet Dialer from KDE? (of course the interfece) the two are just  front ends to pppd right? so why am i experiencing this problem?

my Gnome version is 1.4 i'm planning to upgrade to 2.3.. would i get this problem if i upgraded to 2.3....

hehe:) don't get me wrong here, i'm just trying to find out whats wrong? i'm a Gnome thats why i want rp3 to work...so i don't have to use KDE programs anymore... hehe:)