Re: Gnome in RH8.0 hangs Linux

tor 2002-10-24 klockan 20.56 skrev Israel Ortiz:
>   > Any Idea about this?
>
>   Sounds like a hardware problem, or a
> hardware-related bug. Nothing in
>   GNOME itself should have the capability of hanging
> your machine.
>   Without more details about your machine, I'm afraid
> I can't give more
>   help than that.
>
>   Christian
>
> -----------------
>
> Well, this is my pc:
>
> Armada 1500C :
>
> + 160 Mb. RAM
> + Pentium Celeron 366 Mhz.
> + Audio ESS1869
> + Video Chip: CT69000 with 2 Mb VideoRam..
>
> By the way , I am just testing WindowMaker, and again,
> everything OK, but when I started mozilla 1.0,  it
> hangs, I am really confused. I ran other programs
> (xterm, xclock, xosview) and it seems to be fine...
> Could be a bug hardware related with GTK??

Probably not at all related to GTK. It might just be that some
applications expose problems in the XFree86 server used for your
graphics hardware.
Since I assume your machine is a laptop, I assume trying to replace the
graphics hardware with a chip of another brand/model is out of the
question. :-) That's what I would otherwise recommend to see if it has
any effect on the stability.
I'm afraid I can't help you further. You should probably report your
problems in the Red Hat bugzilla at
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/.

Good luck,
Christian