Re: Gnome in RH8.0 hangs Linux

Christian Rose wrote:

  ons 2002-10-23 klockan 02.00 skrev Israel Ortiz:
  > Well here's the problem:
  >
  > I am using RedHat 8.0 with gnome 2. The
installation
  > works very well, but the problem begin when I try
  > log in graphic mode using gnome.
  >
  > After I login I start work with the menues of the
  > gnome panel and suddenly it hangs. I mean I cannot
use
  > the keyboard neither mouse.. I try to switch to a
text
  > terminal but It does not work...
  >
  > Any Idea about this?

  Sounds like a hardware problem, or a
hardware-related bug. Nothing in
  GNOME itself should have the capability of hanging
your machine.
  Without more details about your machine, I'm afraid
I can't give more
  help than that.

  Christian

-----------------

Well, this is my pc:

Armada 1500C :

+ 160 Mb. RAM
+ Pentium Celeron 366 Mhz.
+ Audio ESS1869
+ Video Chip: CT69000 with 2 Mb VideoRam..

By the way , I am just testing WindowMaker, and again,
everything OK, but when I started mozilla 1.0,  it
hangs, I am really confused. I ran other programs
(xterm, xclock, xosview) and it seems to be fine...
Could be a bug hardware related with GTK??

I hope somebody can help me..

grettings ..
Israel Ortiz .