Re: Multiple GNOME sessions.

Thomas Dodd <ted cypress com> writes:
> Havoc Pennington wrote:
> > Thomas Dodd <ted cypress com> writes:
> >
> >>My sysadmin is testing GNOME2 in linux and solaris.
> >>He use vnc a lot, and want's GNOME2 on Xvnc server
> >>and the local Xserver. But when starting Xvnc, it
> >>stops with the message about another gnome-session
> >>already running.
> > What's the exact error message?
>
> gnome-session: you're already running a session manager

That message doesn't happen with multiple gnome-session, but rather
with nested gnome-session. I'm not sure why it's a fatal error, you
may want to report to bugzilla.gnome.org that it need not be.

As a workaround, try unsetting the SESSION_MANAGER environment
variable for the nested gnome-session process.

Havoc