Re: Gnome Root Warning

"Brett I. Holcomb" <bholcomb intergate com> writes:
> How do you get rid of the warning about "You are logging in as root .. blah
> blah blah"?  I'm just starting to use Gnome on RH 7.3 and have checked all
> the preferences and looked for files in root's home but can't find where to
> turn it off.

There's nowhere to turn it off (other than removing the patch that
adds it and rebuilding the rpm).

As Seth says, logging in as root is basically a bad idea. Though it's
true that you have to use the command line to perform some tasks if
you don't log in as root, I would consider it a bug whenever we
require logging in as root to do something graphically. It's very
unsafe to run as root, and not just security-wise; I would expect it
to decrease system stability as well, because software bugs and user
mistakes have more impact.

Havoc