Re: Shortcuts dissapeared.

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 04:18:01PM +0200, Marc Bruggeman wrote:
> When gnome is started up normally you get shortcut icons for your root
> directory, the trash bin and others.
> But I have lost those shortcut icons. Also clicking on the right hand mouse
> button while on the mouse-pointer is on an open part of the screen does not
> give a menu to open a new window, or terminal..
> How can I restore the icons on the screen and make my linux system react on
> the right hand click again ? Is there a configuration file or log I can
> inspect to see how this could have happened ??

Those shortcuts, and that menu, are provided by Nautilus. Restarting Nautilus,
either from the main menu or a command line, should fix the problem. You need
to be sure the "draw desktop" option is checked in Nautilus preferences.

Then, when you log out, be sure to check "save session" and Nautilus should
start up automatically the next time GNOME is launched.

Cheers,
John