gconfd, multiple concurrent logins, orbit, pain

Hi,
 So on the advice of this list I made my orbitrc support tcp.

So then presto my local users were able to have multiple concurrent
logins.

then, just to be thorough, I logged in from far far far away on a
windows machine using xwin32 and ssh. Now, one would think this might
work, but b/c orbit had tcp support it attempted to connect to the
windows box and promptly died when I ran galeon.
the same goes for most any other gnome app that uses gconfd or orbit.

so I have to choose, the local users can have multiple concurrent logins
OR they can redirect gnome apps from remote non-unix systems.

This isn't an optimal solution.

Would there be a way for me to specify subnets that can connect via tcp
and have other connections just be treated normally?

thanks
-sv

--
GPG Public Key: http://www.phy.duke.edu/~skvidal/skvidal.gpg