Re: gconf cvs HEAD 'vicious-build-scripts' build fails on 'skipjack'

George J Karabin <gkarabin pobox com> writes:

> On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 09:51, Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > George J Karabin <gkarabin pobox com> writes:
> [snip..]
> > > You should add the contents of `/gnome/head/INSTALL/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
> > > Running aclocal-1.4  ...
> > > aclocal: configure.in: 286: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
> >
> > This is the fatal error that resulted in the rest of your problems. Are you trying
> > to build on top of the glib2/gtk2 packages in skipjack, or are you building glib
> > and gtk+ with vbs as well?
>
> Thanks. I'm trying to build both glib2 and gtk+ with vbs. I hadn't
> realized that glib2 and gtk2 packages were even present with skipjack
> til you mentioned it, nor that other packages were actually dependent on
> them (I'd noticed the new gtk2 dialogs in some cases, thought it odd,
> and didn't dwell on it).
>
> Both glib and gtk+ modules are compiling and installing (in the vbs
> install tree) successfully under vbs.
>
> P.S., after another day (and presumably another anoncvs update, I still
> get the same failure. No silver bullet checkins yet...

Just thought of what your problem is: Havoc put some magic in GConf's
autogen.sh to prefer automake-1.4, if found, to automake.

(The Red Hat automake package provides automake-1.4 as well as an
automake symlink to that... the idea is that
automake-1.4/automake-1.5/automake-1.6 always point to the particular
version, and 'automake' is just the default version; this change is
upstream for newer versions of automake.)

vbs works by installing it's own copy of automake; it doesn't install
a copy of automake-1.4, so it's finding the wrong automake.

 ln -sf /gnome/head/INSTALL/bin/automake /gnome/head/INSTALL/bin/automake-1.4

Should fix your problem.

Regards,
                                        Owen