Re: gconf cvs HEAD 'vicious-build-scripts' build fails on 'skipjack'

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 09:51, Owen Taylor wrote:

> George J Karabin <gkarabin pobox com> writes:
[snip..]
> > You should add the contents of `/gnome/head/INSTALL/share/aclocal/libtool.m4' to `aclocal.m4'.
> > Running aclocal-1.4  ...
> > aclocal: configure.in: 286: macro `AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
>
> This is the fatal error that resulted in the rest of your problems. Are you trying
> to build on top of the glib2/gtk2 packages in skipjack, or are you building glib
> and gtk+ with vbs as well?

Thanks. I'm trying to build both glib2 and gtk+ with vbs. I hadn't
realized that glib2 and gtk2 packages were even present with skipjack
til you mentioned it, nor that other packages were actually dependent on
them (I'd noticed the new gtk2 dialogs in some cases, thought it odd,
and didn't dwell on it).

Both glib and gtk+ modules are compiling and installing (in the vbs
install tree) successfully under vbs.

P.S., after another day (and presumably another anoncvs update, I still
get the same failure. No silver bullet checkins yet...