Re: gnomehide problems...

Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot linuxfr dyndns org> writes:
> There're a lot of applications that don't work anymore because of fonts
> problems.
> For example:
>
> [ajacouto station ajacouto]$ xawtv -c /dev/video1
> This is xawtv-3.54, running on Linux/i686 (2.4.9-31)
> /dev/video1 [v4l]: no overlay support
> Warning: Cannot convert string
> "-*-ledfixed-medium-r-semicondensed--39-*" to type FontStruct
> Warning: translation table syntax error: Unknown modifier name:   Config
> Warning: ... found while parsing 'Config*Command.borderWidth:	0'
> Warning: String to AcceleratorTable conversion encountered errors
> Segmentation fault

I really don't think this was just gnomehide. It must be some
interaction with X updates or some other issue. "Works OK here."

That said, you were warned:
  ftp://people.redhat.com/hp/gnomehide/README

If you want things to work more reliably you need to use the released
Red Hat versions plus the official errata, _not_ gnomehide or
rawhide. When using *hide you want to be prepared to do some debugging
and troubleshooting and general misery-suffering.

If people want I can drop gnomehide back to some older versions.

Havoc