Re: gnome2 rpms

On Lu, 2002-02-04 at 19:32, Thomas Dodd wrote:
> Wouldn't they just replace the 1.0 parts?
yes

> What would break if GNOME2 versions were used to
> replace GNOME1 for everything GNOME2 has now?
instead of a current stable gnome-core 1.4.1 we'll have
a fresh, ready-to-crash gnome-core2.
The rest of the apps will continue to work, as gnome2 libraries
don't conflict with gnome1.

But will also be ready for testing and considering
that the final release is scheduled for march I think
it would be great to drop gnome 1.4 now and replace it
with the alpha release. Don't think the next red
hat linux version will want to have 1.4, so I don't see
any reason why not switch to gnome2.

--
You don't have to go to jail for helping your neighbour
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/