Re: No viewer for RPM files

On 17/04 2002 22:43 Havoc Pennington wrote:

Thomas Dodd <ted cypress com> writes:
> What should a be seen/done by a handler for rpm?

I'm not sure - figuring that out is part of the task. ;-)

> The viewer could be tk, perl, or python to give a GUI, that uses
> rpm bindings to librpm to get the info.
> Where's a nice tutorial and sample python app to start with?

Note that I'm normally using a perl hack for the package installation at our site. It has no GUI, partly because I've never had time to write one, partly because a purely textual interface is often better for remote host execution etc., but there may still be something useful in it.

If you are interested, please refer to

ftp://ftp.kscanners.com/pub/SRPMS/ks-inst-1.42-1.src.rpm

or

ftp://ftp.kscanners.com/pub/RPMS/ks-inst-1.42-1.noarch.rpm

- Toralf