logging into remote servers using GDM (RH7.1)

hi, i have been looking on usenet for this answer, but no one on usenet
seems to respond to GDM questions.

i have a RH7.1 box in my cube which i use often for a number of
purposes, and occasionally i want to log on to some solaris machines
in a lab.  they have the remote login stuff all set up and it works
using the other sun machines, but i can't get my RH7.1 box configured so
that i can log in to the sun boxes.  the machine running GDM will be the
client, and the solaris machines will be the servers.

how do i set up GDM to give me the option of connecting to one of the sun
machines or to the local Xserver?

my first attempt was to put the following line in Xsetup_0:
/usr/bin/gdmchooser

this made the chooser come up.  it lists the sun boxes and the redhat box,
but when i pick a sun box and click connect, the chooser exits and GDM
pops up with no login for the sun machine.  (this is a good start, cuz if
i wanted to cancel the chooser then i could log on to the local server
just like i always do)  i guess the chooser is just the first step and i
have to somehow tell GDM to accept the connection from the remote server.
how do i do this?  there is not much information about GDM  available on
the web.  is there a doc somewhere that explains how to use  GDM for these
sorts of things?

i can send copies of the files i have tinkered with.

thank you in advance for any help that you can offer.