GTK theme/legacy applications

I've been trying to get to the bottom of this issue with a few people on
Gnome-List over the past few days, but to no avail.  I'm trying to find
out whether it's a RH7.2 Gnome issue.

In versions of Gnome that I've used previously (those shipping with
RH7.0,RH7.1 and Ximian Gnome 1.4 on a Red Hat 7.1 box), there has been a
setting in the Theme Selector Capplet which allows you to apply the GTK
theme to legacy applciations.

In the Gnome 1.4 which ships with RH7.2, this is now missing.  Somebody
on the Gnome-List posted a screenshot on the web to jog my memory of
what it used to look like.  The URL is:

http://missoula.bigsky.net/shunter/grdb-theme-capplet.jpg

This is distinctly different to mine(on RH7.2), which can be seen at:

http://strictlybritish.com/people/lee/themeselector.jpg

I'm not sure whether I'm doing something rather silly which is
preventing this option from appearing (like switching between
beginner/novice/expert options??) but as I said, it seems people on
another list are as mystified as I am.

Regards :)
--
Lee J. Moore