Re: Fwd: gnome-doc-tools for RedHat 7.1/7.2 [steven frog nl]

On Thu, 2001-11-01 at 10:27, Toralf Lund wrote:
> Perhaps something for GNOMEhide (see attached message.)
>
> - Toralf
>
> ----
>

> From: Steven Anker <steven frog nl>
> To: balsa-list gnome org
> Subject: gnome-doc-tools for RedHat 7.1/7.2
> Date: 01 Nov 2001 14:23:58 +0100
>
> Hi all,
>
> it seems that the standard RedHat 7.1 and 7.2 distributions do not contain
> the gnome-doc-tools package. I could not find it on the installation CDs.
> Some dude from RedHat has build a package. You can download it from
> http://people.redhat.com/dcm/journal.shtml. The page contains some sort of
> journal, but somewhere below you can find the package. I've installed it
> on RH7.2 and it seems to work, because compiling has just finished without
> errors.

Yeah, the gnome-doc-tools rpm is available from Dave's site, and not
part of the Red Hat Linux distribution for a couple of reasons.  The
biggest on is that it's a -hack- to work around some things that were
broken in DocBook 3.  At the moment we're working towards using DocBook
4 XML as the standard GDP toolset for docs.  The newest libgnome release
contains a dependancy on libxslt for this very reason.  More details as
soon as we have them.
	Greg