minibook layout

Hi,

I'm frequently printing large documents and i often preprocess with
ps2ps to make a mini-book. I don't know if a lot of people share the
same need but I was wondering if it is possible/easy to write a new
layout for the gnome printing system (by layout i mean something
similar to 2 pages in 1, 4 pages in 1, folded, divided, ..)

the layout should looks like:

--- ---
|4| |3|
--- ---
|1| |2|
--* *--

where 1,2,3,4 are pages number and the stars locate the same corner of
the sheet of paper. well i hope it's clear enough.

thanks for your help.

- Christophe