gnome-pdf-print and Postscript printer driver

Hello,

My apologies in advance if I am asking the wrong group or a stupid
question. I am trying to return to Linux after many years.

I have a pdf document. When I open it in gpdf and then print it I get
a choice of Printer. If I choose "Create a PDF document" and click on
Print I get warning dialog with the following error:
You were trying to print to a printer using the "gnome-print-pdf"
driver. This program requires a PostScript printer driver.

Can someone please tell me how to get this to work? I am quite a
newbie, I don't even know how to find my version of gnome. I am
running debian sarge.

Thanks in advance.