Re: guchar -> gchar?

On Wed, 2005-03-08 at 00:01 +0200, Lutz Müller wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Latest gcc produces lots of warnings like:
>
> gnome-print.c:738: warning: pointer targets in passing argument 1 of 'strlen' differ in signedness
>
> the reason being gcc complaining about using unsigned char for standard strings instead of char.
>
> Would it generate any problems elsewhere (compatiblity?) if we just
> changed the API from guchar* to gchar* for standard strings in a couple
> of places (namely gnome-print.h and gnome-print-config.h)?

It will likely cause lots of warning messages in existing code using
guchar* to call those functions! Note that the real cause of the
warnings that you see is _not_ that those functions expect guchar* but
that you (or whoever wrote the code) is passing to them gchar*.

Andreas
--
Prof. Dr. Andreas J. Guelzow
Dept. of Mathematical & Computing Sciences