Re: [patch] dbus printer addition/removal notifications

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:38:17PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-08 at 23:24 -0400, Jody Goldberg wrote:
>
> Ideally though it would be org.cups.*.  But since they don't seem
> interested perhaps we should use org.gnome?

JonKare suggestion of org.freedesktop or org.xdg seems reasonable.
How much work would it be to make that change at this point in your
development cycle ?

> >  Or are you do you want
> >     hald -> cupsd -> libgnomecups
> > so that cupsd can also trigger on new network printers
>
> Yeah.  The DBus PrinterAdded and PrinterRemoved are just optimizations
> on the polling (not filling logs, keeping cups from always being
> resident, etc), not a new interface.

My preference would be to go directly to hal (code we can get fixed
quickly) but I can live with this approach.