Re: CJK PDF support

On Tue, Feb 24, 2004 at 10:07:32PM -0800, suresh chandrasekharan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> In gnome-print do we have any current plans to support PDF printing for
> CJK fonts ? I'm planning to work on this in case nobody's looking into
> this.
>
> Suggestions ? Pointers ?

Odd.  This just showed up now.

Things should work somewhat currently.  All input is in utf8 and as
long as the fonts are in an format we understand it should sorta
work.  I've seen a few fixed bugs that related to CJK names for
fonts.

In the 2.7 time frame our goal is for better pango integration.
Propery CJK font support should flow from that.