Re: How do I set the default page size

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 08:18 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 08:02, Rick DeNatale wrote:
> > I researching the overall questions, it seems that gnome print should be
> > getting the defaults from CUPS. My CUPS printers are all configured with
> > US Letter as the default, however, I can't find a CUPS definition for
> > the "Default Postscript" or the "Create PDF File" printers.
>
> "Default Postscript" and "Create PDF File" are not created by cups but
> are gnome-print specific. They are defined in
> /usr/share/libgnomeprint/2.7.0/printers/*.xml or so
>
> You can change the default paper size for those. Look in the appropriate
> configuration for
>       <Key Id="Media">
>         <Key Id="PhysicalSize" Value="A4" />
>       </Key>

Okay, so I found the
files  /usr/share/libgnomeprint/2.2.1.3/printers/GENERIC.xml
and /usr/share/libgnomeprint/2.2.1.3/printers/PDF-WRITER.xml

and changed the "A4" to "US Letter".

The print dialog still comes up with A4 as the paper size, despite both
restarting the app, and then logging out and back in again?

When does this xml file get read? Do I need to restart some service
daemon? Reboot?